- Slice, peel and sauté 2 shallots in bit of olive oil and butter.
- Clean and chop sweet red spinach from the farmers market (best to cut away the red stems near the bottom)
- Toss in spinach in with shallots
- Sprinkle with Maldon salt if you have it, get it if you don't
- Pepper, fresh ground is best
- Red chili flakes for heat
- If you happen to have some reconstituted morel mushrooms lying around as I did slice them and toss them in as well
- If you have sweet corn in the freezer add that too - corn is always a good add especially if you're out of tomatoes and want that acid in the dish
- Splash with a tiny bit of a yummy white vinegar or a blast of lemon juice - not too much - stir and cook til leaves are wilted but still a bright color
- Heat a whole wheat pita in the oven, I buy them from a guy in the market who always tries to give me a deal on two packs and I never buy two because I don't like to be pushed but then I'm out by wednesday so perhaps he's right....
- Turn over pita once and sprinkle with goat cheese and crumbled feta from the greek guy at the market.
- Add chopped fresh herbs, thyme, marjoram and parsley are best
- When cheese is melty put bread on a plate and spoon spinach over top.
Eat with a knife and fork
my dinning companion